Medication Interactions and Concerns
Starts: Wed April 11th 2018 04:00 pm
Ends: Wed April 11th, 2018 06:00 pm
- Orchard Hill Assisted Living
- 761 Boston Post Rd.
Sudbury , MA 01776 Directions
Presenter: Donna Bartlett - PharmD, BCGP, RPh
Medication Interactions and Concerns explores the different types of drug interactions including drug-drug, drug-disease and drug-food interactions, and common high risk medications with narrow therapeutic parameters. Participants will review a medication list with these ideas in mind and review the importance of Medication Therapy Management. Combining these ideas, the participants will be able to identify “red-flags” of medication use and suggest a pharmacist review to minimize side effects and adverse drug interactions.
- Participants will be able to identify three different kinds of drug interactions (15 min)
- Identify high-risk medications that have narrow therapeutic parameters (15 min)
- Understand the importance of Medication Therapy Management (15 min)
- Understand the role that a pharmacist can play in minimizing side effects and adverse drug interactions (15 min)
- Q & A (15 min)
Bio: Donna Bartlett received her Bachelor of Science for Pharmacy and Doctor of Pharmacy degrees from the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. Donna has over 20 years of experience as a pharmacist in the retail setting and more recently has a practice site at HealthAlliance Hospital in Leominster. She is an Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice at MCPHS University in Worcester and a Board Certified Geriatric Pharmacist. Donna is a member of the Massachusetts Falls Prevention Coalition and a member of the Advisory Board for the Regional Center for Poison Control & Prevention for Massachusetts and Rhode Island.